Thursday, June 03, 2010

My transition to Oracle



Since this monday, I'm a formal Oracle employee (LEC for Israel was on May 31st)...

I didn't truly realize this change until yesterday evening...

no, it's NOT the new email address, it's NOT the multiple orientation sessions we had, it's NOT the new introduction pitch during customer meetings (Yohan From Su... Oracle), or not even the new employee card (I still didn't receive btw...), but because a little sticker...

Last night, I had to remove the 'Sun Micro' sticker on my company car, and to replace it with the Oracle logo... To tell you the truth, it was both a strange and sad moment, like saying goodbye to very close friend you may never see again...

I had a chat with my kids today when they noticed the new sticker...

They were curious to understand who is this 'Ora... Oracle' ?!?

I tried to explain them Oracle is the largest entreprise software company worldwide, and that they have acquired Sun to beat IBM, the second most recognized brand in the planet (after Coca-Cola)... but they seemed not convinced ;-)

Looks like they didn't learn about M&A strategy at school just yet...

- Yohan Albo





Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home