Wednesday, June 23, 2010

[TED '10] Bill Gates on energy: Innovating to zero! & Thoughts on Petrodollar...

At TED2010, Bill Gates unveils his vision for the world's energy future, describing the need for "miracles" to avoid planetary catastrophe and explaining why he's backing a dramatically different type of nuclear reactor. The necessary goal? Zero carbon emissions globally by 2050.

I'm interested these days on Zero Emission solutions. I've visited Better Place Center this week, it was very informative. I recommend everyone to go visit there and get familiar with their EV network solution that may one day help turn countries like Israel, Denmark and others into oil-free transportation zones.


The vision is here, but the challenges to deploy such solutions are huge. As part of my MBA study, I'm doing an essay on the EV market in general and on their ability to deploy and more interestingly on the chance of adoption. Stay tuned, I may put the results of this research on the net soon...

I don't care if this will be actually done leveraging EV, solar, gas or even nuclear (oh... maybe not) based energy, but we need to fight the petrodollars... I realized the geo-political petrodollar issue after reading "Hot, Flat, and Crowded" from Thomas Friedman... For those who may not know, a petrodollar is a United States dollar earned by a country through the sale of petroleum. You will agree with me, financing terrorists should not be our cup of tea.

In short, even Bill has joined this war, maybe not for the same reasons, but anyway... a inspiring speech.

A special thank to DanS for sharing this video with me.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home